Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week #8 Thing #19

I really like LibraryThing and set mine up over a year ago. I have a whole Excel Spreadsheet of books to put in - when I actually get a chance to put everything in is the issue. Like I stated in an earlier post I've created my own tags, like "puppets" to help with my lesson plans. Due to the fact that my reviews are often actual my lesson plans for a book and really specific to me; my account has been private until now.

I changed that for this assignment since you request the link. I'm guess I'm glad people are such "exhibitionists" where Web 2.0 is concerned. I think there wouldn't be much Web 2.0 content available if everyone was like me. I must be too introverted, private, and stingy with my intellectual property - the first thing I do when I sign up for these type of accounts is find the settings and change them to "maximum privacy."

Anyway, there are many components of LibraryThing that I don't use yet, but I'd like to find the time to really play with it. What a neat application. The only books I put in currently are childrens or YA books. In this account I don't have any adult books, since I associate it directly with work. As a result most of the books I put in tend to be relatively popular, since they are often the new, hot, starred books.

My LibraryThing

1 comment:

Ann said...

Library Thing does indeed have some great opportunities for students and teachers and yet again, time is a key issue in being able to use all the features. I use mine mostly to find suggestions for more books to read - if you like this, try this -

I have written 2 reviews for books and I was interested in some of the responses that I got to one of them.

One of the participants in this class is planning to create one for her book group. I thought that was an interesting idea.

Ann