Monday, July 21, 2008

Week #8 Thing #18

I thought I'd see how this works as a word processor. I could see that this might be very helpful for students. It appears to integrate with Word, so this would be a good way for students to work on a project at school, then pick it up and work on it at home without losing formatting.

I would like to see more training available on it listed on the Web 2.0 site. When you first sign up you get a list of all that you can do, but it would be nice to see some Teacher Tube tutorials listed if they are out there.

I'm going to try to publish this to my blog.


Okay, everything above this line was created in Zoho. It popped into this blog really easily - like two steps. This is a really interesting application. Since I have Microsoft at home and have used Excel so much, I'm not sure I'll just totally switch over, but I am definitely intrigued. Also I am totally sick of having my computer crash and losing everything. I'm really looking at saving more and more of everything to the web to avoid this and provide me access wherever I am. Which leads to the next internet safety / identity theft tutorial - what to save to the web and what ya probably shouldn't ...

1 comment:

Ann said...

ZOHO and Google Docs have some really powerful features for those of us who tend to work on more than one computer and for kids who have compatibility issues or who are working on collaborative projects.

Ann