Monday, July 21, 2008

Week #7 Thing #17

I posted to the curriculum Wiki five times in various areas. I have found it interesting to read the various posts on that wiki. I hope my ideas have been helpful to others too.

I ran through the resources in this section. I sort of scanned them rather briefly, since they related to PB Wiki and I have used WikiSpaces, I didn't want to memorize too much technical stuff and confuse my WikiSpace procedures which are finally becoming second nature.

Like I mentioned previously I think a wiki would be good for a bunch of student applications, like book clubs. But it's all dependent on students using the wiki. As a teacher I could require my secondary students to post to a wiki, but as a librarian it would be voluntary so I would be interested if I would get any elementary students involved. It might be nice, professional development-wise, to have an elementary library wiki for those of us in the district to use.

No comments: