Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Week #5 Thing #11

I reviewed a number of the sites listed on the Web 2.0 award winners. I notice YouTube is a number one and as I posted previously I use one of them to get tunes for preschool songs for library lessons. Other reflections (not library related): My son rebuilt a new motorcycle and sold his old bike this summer. He lives off Craigslist (what's a newspaper classified?) Also my dad's "retirement job" is traveling around the western U.S. researching his family so I spent time both on My Heritage and Geni. He's a computer geek, so I'll need to see if he's making use of any of these sites. It appears that they have the capacity for stories and scans of property records and the like. He's more interested in detail than "making a tall, tall tree."

I joined Ning Library 2.0 and added the widget to this Blog.

I played with the "Travel IQ" site listed. Thanks a lot, now I'll never get off the computer :-). I love geography. I'll show this to kids. I'm regularly stunned by how many people have no idea what continent a country is in, let alone how to find a city there.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I taught geography for 8 years, I was always surprised by how many (and not just 7th graders) didn't understand the difference between a country and a continent - let alone know that Angola is in Africa:-)

I really love teacher tube. Partially because it isn't blocked in the ASD....Also has a lot of great how to videos relating to education.

Ann