Sunday, June 15, 2008

Week #4 Thing #8

I set up my RSS feeds using Bloglines. What I discovered is that I actually had set up Bloglines previously and never used it. Oops.

I added a San Jose News Feed Blog as required. Added a Reader’s Club new review feed (it however said it had issues with the feed, but "there was nothing for me to do - they were working on it.") Added Unshelved (which for some reason has a particularly political cartoon on it right now that doesn't specifically relate to the library.)

Went through the resources (many links do link back to the same "CommonCrafts" video, which is a good one.)

I'm trying to figure out how to really make this resource useful. I know Ann at Tanana loves RSS. I guess I find it hard to find things I really want to look at like this - and talk about information overload. Even the first Blog I uploaded from San Jose looked like a reasonable librarian Blog, then further down the site she's blogging about some surgery she had. The idea that I would make my site public so I could share some stranger's surgery with other strangers. I don't know, it's kind of mindb"l"oggling.

More on what I added in Thing #9 next.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I have to admit that when I first started hearing about RSS I was completely clueless as to why I should care.Now that I have found 4 blogs/feeds that I really like, it is a huge time saver. I only have to go to one place to find out which have new content and preview to see if I want to go see more. You do have to be very selective in what you add or you can spend you whole day reading blogs.....

Ann